Greentree.ltd Terms and Conditions
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 028 7187 8798
- Website Usage Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations and Returns
- Copyright notice
- Offers and Voucher Codes
- Order Placement through the website
- Standard Conditions of Sale
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘GreenTree’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Moness Burt Donegal F93NP97. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
Should you have any questions or queries on this matter you can contact us on email@example.com
Greentree.ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Greentree.ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2017
What we collect
We may collect the following information: name and job title, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. Credit /Debit Card details will NOT be stored after they have been used.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Green Tree Ltd will NOT store credit /debit card details after they have been used. All credit card details taken over the phone will be destroyed or erased after intended use.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Green Tree Ltd . If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cancellations and Returns
Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by The European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations
2013 (S.I. No. 484 of 2013) g, which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery.
You will be entitled to cancel the Contract with us in the following circumstances:
- We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. When choosing a carrier to return your goods to us, you must make sure that Green Tree Ltd are allowed to open and inspect the contents when we receive it. If the carrier will not allow us to open the goods then our warehouse will refuse delivery and the goods will be returned to you on your carrier. This could incur further costs to you. Returned items to us must be sent by recorded delivery.
- Where you are unhappy with the Goods, for whatever reason, and notify us before the expiry of seven working days from the day after the day on which the Goods were received and goods remain unopened in the exact state they were delivered.
- Where Goods supplied are not in accordance with the specifications of your order.
In all other circumstances, once the Goods have been received, you will not be able to cancel the Contract and will be liable to us for the price, unless otherwise determined in our absolute discretion.
- Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to email@example.com (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation or the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a sell-able condition.
- You have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of the Goods whilst they are in your possession and up until the time when the Goods are physically returned to us.
Notwithstanding any rights you have as a “consumer” under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (“The Regulations”) in relation to cancellation of an order or returning Goods to us, if any damage is caused to the Goods whilst they are in your possession, we may have a claim against you for breach of that statutory duty.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area; or
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order.
Offers and Voucher Codes
All offers on Green tree are non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless the offer directly stipulates eligibility. Voucher codes have an expiry date and can only be used once by the person they are issued to, any voucher codes cannot be passed on to a third party to use.
This website and its content is copyright of Green Tree.Ltd – © Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Order placement through the website
An order placed through the website is only confirmed when confirmation of dispatch is sent. The automated email that is received upon payment online is an ‘order acknowledgement’ which does not constitute a confirmation of your order. Green Tree Ltd reserve the right to refuse orders.
Orders are not legally-binding until the customer has received a confirmation of dispatch.
After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that we have accepted your order (the Acceptance Confirmation) The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Acceptance Confirmation.
The Contract will relate only to those Products we have confirmed in the Acceptance Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the acceptance of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Acceptance Confirmation. without prejudice.
E&OE (errors and omissions accepted), in the event of a pricing or product error, Green Tree Ltd reserve the right to cancel the order ‘without notice’.
Standard Conditions of Sale
In these conditions “the buyer” shall mean the company, firm or person buying the goods from the seller, “the goods” shall mean any products or services supplied by the seller, “the seller” shall mean Greentree.ltd
2 Application of conditions
All goods supplied by the seller are supplied on the following terms & conditions, All offers, order confirmations, legal transactions, deliveries and services are subject to the terms & conditions of sale stated herein, even if they have not been expressly referred to, and any contract for the sale of the sellers goods shall be subject to them, and no variation of these terms & conditions shall have effect unless previously accepted by a director of the seller in writing. No other person in the employment or acting in any way as agent of the seller or purporting to do so, has power to vary these conditions. The seller’s conditions exclude any other terms & conditions which the buyer may seek to impress, whether or not the buyer’s conditions are contained in any offer, acceptance or counter-offer made by the buyer. With the order the buyer accepts these terms & conditions unreservedly and regardless of his own terms. Previous dealings between the seller and the buyer shall not vary or replace these conditions or be deemed in any circumstances to do so.
3 The Offer
Our offers are without engagement. Alterations of the goods subject to technical process. All technical know how remains the property of Greentree.ltd Public comments by the deliverer, producer or any third person, in advertising and contained in enclosed information are non-binding. These comments shall be only binding if expressly agreed in writing to the offer or if expressly referred to in the offer. All estimates of costs are non- binding. All documents, such as outlines, drawings, images, measurements, summaries of costs etc shall only be binding if expressly agreed in writing. All information given in brochures, price lists and data sheets, as well as colours and images are non- binding for the seller. Adjustments are subject to technical progress. We shall reserve the property and copyright of all documents regarding the execution of the order.
The seller accepts orders from the buyer by written order of confirmation and agreed deposit payment being received and cleared at bank. If the order of confirmation is different to the order, the buyer is obliged to cancel the order of confirmation within two working days; otherwise the differences are accepted by the buyer unconditionally. Any different delivery address must be quoted by the buyer at time of order and appropriate costing done for same.
The acceptance by the seller or any order for goods shall constitute an agreement to sell the goods and not a sale of them.
Any date or times given by the seller to the buyer for delivery of goods are estimates only and do not form part of the contract, the seller shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by late delivery or by non-delivery.
If a delivery date is expressly stated , the buyer renounces the possibility of cancelling the contract in case of delay. In case of an agreed change of contract we are entitled to fix a new delivery date. Greentree.ltd shall not be liable for any delays due to causes beyond our control and caused by negligence, and the confirmed delivery time shall be extended reasonably. In such a case the buyer renounces the right to withdraw from the contract and to claim compensation. In case of delays or interruption of the execution of the order by the buyer, the buyer has to pay all additional costs and our expense and performance shall become due per partial invoice. On receipt of goods, the buyer has to check and to accept the goods, any discrepancies should be notified immediately. All risks in or relating to the goods (whether insurable or otherwise) and the responsibility for insurance in relation to the same shall pass to the buyer on delivery.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing all payments are by cleared cheque or bank transfer. Balances being due not later than 30 days from date of invoice. The seller shall have the right to charge interest of 2.5% on late payments. Such interest shall be calculated monthly and added to the principal sum outstanding and shall be payable from the date on which payment was due until the date of actual payment. We have the right to refuse payments by cheque without any reason. The seller shall be entitled to adjust the price of goods at any time between the date of confirmation of order and the date of delivery of the goods to take into account any increase in costs incurred by the seller including increases in cost of labour or fuel/transport surcharges.
The seller may from time to time in its absolute discretion allow the buyer credit up to an agreed limit. Where a credit limit is in place, it will immediately and without notice cease to apply if the buyer exceeds that amount and thereafter the goods will be supplied only on cash on delivery basis. The buyer is not entitled to retain payments agreed because of warranty claims. The time needed for the service work ( exception: contract for maintenance work) shall be charged in working hours with the minimum call out 1 hour.
6 Reservation of title
Notwithstanding the delivery and passing of risk in the goods to the buyer, title in the goods shall not pass to the buyer until payment is received by the seller, and no other amounts are then outstanding from the buyer in respect of other goods supplied by the seller. Until such time as the property in the goods passes to the buyer, the seller shall (without prejudice to its other rights and remedies) be entitled at any time to require the buyer to deliver up the goods to the seller and, if the buyer fails to do so, forthwith to enter upon any premises of the buyer or any third party where the goods are stored and to repossess the goods. The seller shall be entitled at any time to appropriate any payment made by the buyer in respect of any goods in settlement of such invoices as the seller may in its absolute discretion think fit, notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the buyer.
We guarantee our products under the specific manufacturer’s warranty. We reserve the right to choose the kind of warranty we give. This can be repairing the product bought by you or replacing the defective parts, exchange or reduction of price. The right of the buyer of conversion is by mutual agreement. The seller gains the ownership of the exchanged parts. The buyer shall bear the wages and costs for assembling and disassembling. This also applies to all warranty agreements. It shall be left to our discretion to replace a defective part with a faultless one of similar type. In such case a possible claim for cancellation of contract shall expire. The buyer shall renounce expressly, both for himself and his legal successors, to assert loss profits and a direct or indirect damage, damage and secondary damage, caused by the object of purchase as a result of simple or gross negligence. The buyer shall have no right to warranty if damage is due to faulty handling or negligence or results from modifications done to the product after is handing over. Warranty and liability claims are recognised and taken into consideration only if they are notified in writing immediately or at the latest within 3 days after discovering the defect, with exact description of the damage. Verbal communication is not accepted alone, it must be backed up in writing. The buyer however, has to prove the existence of a defect at the time of the handing over within the first six months after receiving the product. The “Warranty Period” begins on the date the Equipment is delivered and continues for 12 months (as per manufacturers guarantee supplied with each product.- and return of warranty registration certificate where appropriate)
8 Force Majeure
The seller shall not be under any liability to the buyer in respect of any failure to perform or delay in performing any of its contractual obligations to the buyer attributable to any cause of whatsoever nature beyond the seller’s reasonable control and no such failure or delay shall be deemed for any purpose to constitute a breach of contract.
No cancellation by the buyer is permitted unless agreed by a director of the seller in writing. In the event of cancellation the buyer will indemnify the seller fully against all expenses incurred by the seller together with liquidated damages equivalent to a 5% of the contract price.
These conditions and all contracts between the buyer and the seller shall be governed and construed in accordance with UK and Northern Ireland Laws and Regulations.
Should you have any questions or queries on this matter you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org